I just ordered an Islabike Beinn 24" for my daughter.

It was so refreshing to find a company that takes children's bikes
seriously and doesn't just lazily try to shrink an adult's bike and
imagine that that will do the job.

Children's bodies have different relative dimensions and kids bikes so
often fit really poorly and weigh a ton that they're just not much fun
for the kids to ride. Also, they all have suspension as mentioned
earlier which is even more useless for kids than adults and just adds
to the weight of the bike. They also have 18 gears that are unneeded
and not understood. Drives me nuts! not to mention the terrible
quality of all the components. Urrrgh!

I'm so looking forward to getting it it's ridiculous! Definitely much
more excited about it than she is! Racks! Mudguards (fenders)!
Propstand! Yes!!

There must be an equivalent for you guys in NA.

Damian