Rex, Congratulations from another recent-new-Riv owner! You're going to love
your bike even more when you ride it.  I agree with Jim about the hubs:  I
mounted VO wheels (105 hubs, 130mm) in a Bleriot frame which also takes
135mm.  There were no issues whatsoever.  I just installed the wheel and
tightened the skewers.  In my case these are VO anti-theft skewers, so you
screw them tight.  So far, they work great, YMMV.  I felt the same as you
regarding the shiny hubs/wheels.  The VO wheels, 650b in my case, look great
and ride great.  Of course we want to see pictures, especially of that
color.  Good riding, Steve