I had the same problem with the same post, and I tossed it into the
recycling bin.  I went to a pain-in-the-butt Campy Nuovo Record that I
had lying around -- hard to adjust with bolts on top of the post, but
bulletproof once adjusted.  What a relief.

If you want to continue to battle with it, try roughing up the mating
surfaces with a coarse file, or maybe shim the mating surfaces with
some thin brass shim stock, or maybe shim the mating surfaces with
some fine sandpaper...  but these are acts of desperation, trying to
improve a poor item.

pb