Hi Christian, arm-chair expert replying here, but if it's loaded touring
you'll be doing, get the Hunq.   The Atlantis can of course do that, but I
bet the extra beefiness of the Hunq would really shine through.  Also don't
forget the Sam H.  Very capable and at the lower price point as well.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Christian
<christian.w.mcmil...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Variations on this question have been asked before but now that there
> are more Hunqas out there I thought it would not hurt to ask again.
>
> So.  I am in the market for a touring/trail/commuting/tough bike.  I
> have a 650B Terraferma that I use for randonneuring, paved and dirt
> road riding, etc.  I love it.  But I really want a bike for everything
> else, especially loaded touring--even if just for a night here and
> there.  The Terraferma's not made for loads.  Someday I'll finish the
> Great Divide--I rode the Montana section in 1998--and want a bike to
> do it on.
>
> The Atlantis has always been very appealing but the $500 difference b/
> w the two is, for me, significant.  $500 will go a long way building
> up a Hunqa.  I am going to be visiting Riv later in the month and will
> test both.  But thought I'd solicit some ideas, opinions, what-have-
> you now.
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Christian

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS