Hi -- I haven't started a thread here before, but I thought people might be
interested in a different kind of ride report -- an urban ride rather than a
rural one.

Last Sunday, I took my Atlantis on a tour of parks, greenways, and "urban
wilds" on north side of Boston Harbor.  The ride leader is a longtime local
parks and greenways activist who was instrumental in getting some of the
bikeways built.  Although I've lived in Boston for years, I had never seen
most of these places.  My photos are mostly of parks and water views, but we
also passed through  local town centers and heavy-duty warehouse zones,
including one stretch of the roughest road I've ever ridden that was
nominally "paved".  Fortunately, on a Sunday, there was no traffic on the
roughest bits, so we were free to pick our way around the patches and
potholes.  The ride was billed as 30 miles, but we did some meandering and I
rode to and from the start point, so my total for the day was 51 miles.

My photos:  http://tinyurl.com/3qhencq

Web site about this ride:
 http://www.masspaths.org/rides/DeerIsland2010.html

(Note: this is an annual ride.  The web site is current for the 2011 ride,
even though it still says 2010.)

Cheers, Lisa

(my apologies if anyone sees multiples of this posting)