Be sure to gauge the saddle setback independently of reach to saddle
IOW, don't try to adjust reach by setback -- setback is a starting
point because it determines your power and comfort wrt the immovable
bb.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Solomander <soloman...@aol.com> wrote:
> So I raised the bars a bit.  It definitely helped to make me feel less
> stretched out.  I also noticed that my center of gravity was shifted back on
> the bike and that I had less weight on the bars and more on the seat.
>  Didn't make a noticeable difference in speed- I'm still a slug.  I'm going
> to live with the bike for a few weeks before doing anything else.
> I am also thinking about rechecking my fore-aft saddle position.  I have a
> road bike that I feel very comfortable on.  The distance from the nose of
> the saddle to the center of the bars is the same on my Litespeed and my AHH.
>  The Litespeed has a straight seatpost and the AHH has a set back seatpost.
>  This makes me wonder if I am in the right place over the pedals.  Lots of
> variables!
> Joel

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.
(Rilke, Buddha in Glory)