on 8/31/11 11:00 PM, Seth Vidal at skvi...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> This is a bit off topic but I suspect many folks on this list have
> enough bikes to warrant housing for them.
>
> We are currently in the middle of a building process for a new bike
> shed/workshop.
>
> Pictures here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/skvidal/tags/shed/

Serious shed/workspace envy from this coast.  Nice stuff.

You can get pretty close with wall hangers and bikes set up heel/toe.  I've
got the Hilsen and Quickbeam behind a door in just under 36" of space. If
the roof has an open beam design, I might be tempted to use a hoist hanger
for each of the tandems.

If you have any warehouses or restaurants going out of business, see if they
are selling off any stainless roll-around shelving units.  Those things can
handle a lot of weight, but don't lock you into a specific layout.

Set up your bench high enough that you don't stoop - most prefab ones always
seem about 4 - 6" low to me.

also -

http://www.cyclofiend.com/shop

hope that helps!
--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Gallery updates now appear here - http://cyclofiend.blogspot.com

"Steel's what you want for a messenger bike.  Weight. Big basket up front.
Not cardboard with some crazy aramid shit wrapped around it, weighs about as
much as a sandwich."
-- William Gibson, "Virtual Light"