Patrick,

It is definitely too far at 2 cm above sadle height. I tried it and
put it right back to 5 cm above.

Looking back at my OP, I should have explained better.
I am trying to decide between a 9 cm stem at the current height and an
8 cm stem at 2 cm above.

How can I know (or guess well) which I'd like better without buying 2
more stems?

Jay