In Grant's Thanksgiving day post, he included a photo and short
description of a new brake lever with a downtube shifter boss. This
really intrigued me and I did a very little googling about it and came
back with a few points of interest:

1) Manfacturer site (they're MUSA--in Portland, of course):
http://retroshift.com/
2) Short official demo video: http://vimeo.com/32392053
3) A forum discussion with the creator (including some good pictures),
indicating a $240 expect price (without shifter):
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/components-wrenching/retroshift-264420.html

These piqued my interest because I'm in the process of getting a bike
ready for my wife and since shes been off a bike or so long, I'm
planning to go the brifter route with her. These caught my eye, but
I'll probably end up going with a pair of 8 speed Campys that I
already own.