Just so you know, Joshua Tree is high desert, and it can be covered in snow
in January. Average temps in January are hi 60 / low 30, but it can be much
colder. If you do the Palm Springs tram up the mountain, be aware that it
will be snowy at the top, it's 8500' up a 10,000' mountain. You can x-c ski
or snowshoe from the tram stop. The town of Idylwild is a quaint stop; it's
a good ride from the valley in the summer but not really possible in the
winter.

jim m
wc ca