Where bird watchers compete to observe the most new (to them) birds in a
given period. I think there was even a movie about it.

Likewise, the Ironbutt Assoc has taken an elegant form of travel,
motorcycle touring, and turned it into an extreme endurance event, The
IronButt Rally, where riders travel 11,000 miles in 10 days, picking up
various bonus points along the way, in a timed event.

Just a matter if time until we have extreme bowling.

On Thursday, January 26, 2012, jimD <rasterd...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Robert,
> Uh, what's this 'competitive birding' thingy?
> -JimD
> On Jan 26, 2012, at 3:04 AM, robert zeidler wrote:
>
> And that's no knock on Jan. Just the extreme ethos.
> It's the same thinking that gave us competitive birding. Taking an
elegant pastime and turning it into an endurance test.