Agreed on the wheel stabilizer thing.  I put one on a bike I built for my son
because of the aggressive front wheel flop, but I'm probably going to take it
off and hunt for another solution.  It's not attractive.

-----Original Message-----
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:13 AM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: regarding the defunct rapid rise derailers and those
anti-handlebar-flop doohickeys.

Thanks all.  I remember reading something from shimano about the rapid rise's
functionality, how instead of fighting the spring tension to shift the rapid
rise's reverse action allowed for a more natural movement to the larger or
smaller cogs.  I'm sure someone somewhere would dispute this, but it certainly
feels better to me, and I do wish they would have stuck it out.  It seemed to
get some support from the mountain bike people, but so it goes.

Also, thanks for the wheel-stabilizer thing on the VO site. It's a bit bigger
than I remembered it, and Though I'm not super ultra finicky about aesthetics
when a necessary solution is at hand, it ain't pretty. Instead of just adding
more parts, I may readjust/reassess my current parts, as Patrick suggests.

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we advise you that,
unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this
message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the
purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code
or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently
delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their
professional qualifications will be provided upon request.