Looks kind of like a Brompton

Sent from my Kindle Fire

From: cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thu Feb 09 15:25:46 CST 2012
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Atlantis vs. Sam

Speaking of 26" "road bikes," here's a cool Paramount on 'bay:
www.ebay.com/itm//290663312629 Love the bike, not the silly-stupid
BIN. Is this that same Mad-Wis shop being discussed a couple days ago?

On 2/9/12, John Speare <j...@phred.org> wrote:
> As long as we're talking tires for 559, I'll throw my current faves in the
> ring:
>
> http://www.maxxistires.com/Bicycle/Mountain/MaxxLite-310.aspx
>
> Don't let the knobbies in the picture fool you -- these are round-profile,
> good enough for fast commuting, rough-housing, and trail riding. Super light
> and supple and wonderful. These have become my all-rounders on my
> 559-wheeled bike -- single speed 1990 mb2.
>
> Second place tire would be 1.75 (non-TG) pasalas.
>
> I dig 559. I had the 56 cm Atlantis for a while and an XO1 and loved the
> wheel size. I'm working on a plan for building my perfect 559 frameset at
> the moment.
>
> 559 has turned into the bastardized step child wheel size over the last few
> years, especially as 29ers have come to dominate the mountain bike scene --
> further degrading the perceived usefulness of 559. The broader adoption of
> 584 is also taking part in the smack down.
>
> Matters not to me! I have bikes with 584 and 622 wheels (and 406) -- but 559
> will always be on at least one fun, nimble, fast bike in my garage.

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
“I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an
America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in. That’s
the America I love.”