On Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:40:13 PM UTC-5, islaysteve wrote:

> I smile because this is such a West-coast-centric forum. I can just
> imagine me wearing such to work.  (Written with love as a
> California-born-and-bred lad, transplanted to the East Coast long ago).
>  Don't worry, all is good, Steve

No pants or knickers, yet, but I've recently got a pair of MUSA shorts;
not shorts weather here yet, looking forward to really breaking them in.

But at work...  'business casual' is the standard, slacks are the norm, but
I can pull off khaki Carhartts easy enough, as I 'could' need to go out on
a site at short notice.   However, some of the higher-ups are a bit tight;
we used to have a 'jeans Friday' where you could donate money for a
charity, but recently, decided to cancel it, said we didn't look
professional enough if we wore blue jeans... even was going to have the
money refunded back collected for the charity (I believe everyone who had
paid declined refunds).

Maybe one day, things will come around...   'til then, I think they might
make some good weekend pants....