I run paselas at 65 rear and 60 front and like them a lot

Sent from my Kindle Fire

From: Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com>
Sent: Fri Mar 16 09:02:25 CDT 2012
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Jack Browns vs. Pasela vs. ??

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 08:50 -0500, robert zeidler wrote:
> Yes I do run high pressure.

I'd suggest before giving up on Paselas because of a harsh ride, you try
them at lower pressure, especially if we're talking about 32mm Paselas
(since JBs are 33 mm, it wouldn't be a good comparison to match them
against 28mm or narrower tires).

> That said, the GB C's are very supple, just not as durable. I can live
> with that.

Agreed, the Grand Bois Cypres are very nice tires and using Sheldon's
replacement tire to the front, front tire to the back replacement scheme
I find their service life to be quite reasonable. Not nearly as long as
a Pasela, of course, since there's probably twice as thick a tread on
the Pasela; but that's why I use those in the winter and switch back to
the Grand Bois "in season."

> On a lot of bikes I run Open Corsa's at max to avoid pinch flats and,
> at 25c even, have yet to find a better tire. 1800-2000 miles about
> does it though. I can live with less if that should happen. I'm 6'6"
> and 230.

How true to marked size are the Open Corsa? Are they marked 25 and in
reality measure closer to 23-24?