I ride a 48 Sam Hillborne, have a 79 PBH and am 5'6", so not tall. I really
think Riv really does design bikes for shorter people, along with the
taller people too. You just have to get used to riding 26" or 650b wheels,
which shouldn't be an issue if you are short.  No toe overlap with my Sam
either, great bike.

Generally most of my bikes range in the 51 cm range, that is where they are
comfy to me. Riv sizing seems to be different though.