Brian,

The modified struts look great. Thanks for the detailed documentation
on how you did it.

I have wondered sometimes about the necessity of using the lower
struts at all. When the platform is bolted onto the front rack, the
Platrack is already very solid, even -- or especially -- when there's
a basket or the Slickersack across it. As you say, it's probably a
warranty-voiding option, but it does give a cleaner look.

David Sprunger
Fargo, ND