drnat:

Glad you were not injured in the "blow over".  "Helmet bumping
concrete" is a graphic description.  I've fought bikes in cross-winds
& it's not fun.  At least my Atlantis allows me to wrestle it down the
road in those conditions.  Better get yours back on the road!

The frame material and the weight of the bare frame are not indicative
of suitability for touring.  The geometry (is this particular frame
designed for touring?) and the wheels & tires are major contributors
to stability (or lack thereof).  If the frame is can take at 35mm or
greater tires and has the relaxed geometry of an Atlantis, then it's
suitable for touring.

Many years ago, Rivendell commented that the Atlantis frame is
"...about 1 lb more than our other frames..." but that was before the
Bomba, HungP, etc.  Assume any Riv is a bit heavier than a comparable
bike designed with weight in mind, then my (uneducated) guess is an
Atlantis/HungP/Bomba frame may be 2-3 lbs heavier (if that?) than
something else.  Add the same components, strap on 40 lbs of touring
luggage, and that small frame weight difference is undetectable.

dougp