I have an '83 sequoia that I stumbled upon in brand new condition at Bikes
Not Bombs in Jamaica Plain a few years ago, and it gets ridden quite a
bit.    Not quite Rivendell geometry with it's steep ST angle-    but it is
a great bike, worth it if you can find one.    I love mine-   it handles
great, is fairly light yet sturdy, and it fits 28's with fenders no problem.

Here's a shot from before I got fenders for it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43029278@N07/5764577826/