So last night I took the drivetrain off the Sam Hillborne and replaced it
with the Ultegra stuff.  6700 RD, Crankset, BB and an older Campy FD
because the Ultegra is for braze on and I don't currently have a clamp for
it.  It seems to be working fine with the 7 speed freewheel; I will do a
test ride tonight to see if it all works well.  The Ultegra crank doesn't
look completely horrible, it is the dark grey version and works with the
other black components I had on the bike.  It contrasts well with the
orange frame.