Just wanted to share the joy.  My first Riv and my first bike in a
long while (since mountain biking in college about 12-13 years ago).
Late last year I was looking hard at the Hunq but at a PBH of 87.5,
felt I was on the fence between sizes and couldn't commit. The 56 Sam
should be perfect and I really like the new blue.

I'm planning to go with Falcon friction shifters, Albatross or Bosco
bar, and the biggest Marathons I can run on a set of Velocity Dyad
wheels - probably fender-less.  I already have a Brooks B68 and
Lambda / Grip King pedals.  Hopefully I can recycle the XT derailers,
XT rear hub, and White Industries front hub off my old, barely used
mtn bike.

I like the idea/looks of the crank chainguard as shown on Riv's blue
Sam pic.  Not sure if it'd be best to get the two speed crank that
comes with this guard or add it to the standard XD2.  Any opinions?

And does anyone have a Sackville XS saddlebag in grid gray they'd
sell?