Yeah, that covers it.  Grant's been about maximizing brake clearance ever
since he started Riv.  The all 'rounder with canti brakes concept has
always been part of it, and with each longer-reach sidepull that's been
introduced, Rivendell has introduced an appropriate frame.  The Heron road
was designed to maximize the short reach brake that was the only thing
available at the time.  When the mid-reach brakes came out, the Rambioullet
replaced the Heron Road.  And the Saluki was a twofer, introducing both the
current superlong sidepull brake and 650b.  This frame lives on in the
AHH.

Each succesive Rivendell has also gotten a bit slacker, tourey/all roadier
and a bit stouter.  The Roadeo is a throwback to the sportier Rivs like the
Heron road and Rambouillet, steeper, lighter, but with the long reach and
tire/fender clearances that have become available the last few years.

I personally think the Roadeo is the best pavement-oriented Riv ever made.
If I didn't already have a Heron Road and a Rambouillet, I would buy one.

Steve