Well cycling aside and not trying to hate but I can say from having to
navigate clueless European tourists to get to my job in the Flatiron
District every day the feeling is mutual. I have seen these people just
walk into traffic thinking cars would stop, guess what, they wont!
Thankfully I try to aviod the tourist areas when I ride in NYC but I having
been on the west-side bike path a few times I can attest that the relaxed
chat and ride style of the Europeans does not mesh well with the spandex
wearing lance wanna-bes and the power joggers who have to annoyingly jog at
each traffic light, lest they dont burn calories for 45 seconds, although
it can be humorous to watch.