Do you think they will be riding Rivs over?

I don't want a bike to have unnecessary weight, but also don't buy frames
and parts based on light weight. It certainly is a criteria to look at when
purchasing bike parts, but higher on the list in my opinion is strength and
how long the part is going to last.  I bought a Phil bottom bracket for
my Hillborne not because of weight (I think it probably weighs more than
the original) but because I want it to last 10 years and be serviceable
when it does go kaput. Same kind of thing when I buy wheels, saddles, and
handlebars.

I would kind of like to know the difference in weight between a Sam
Hillborne and a Roadeo frame in my size just because weight may be higher
on the list of importance with a bike like the Roadeo.  Just to satisfy
curiosity, which is what looking at weight numbers really is for me.

My Sam nearly weighs double what my friends Madone weighs which you can
really tell when lifting the bikes onto a car rack, but I keep up with her
and usually lead when we ride together.