Interesting; I see a trend away from "real cyclist = racer" and
doubtless this NPR piece is both a sign and will be an encouragement
of the trend.

Interesting, too: first, that Grant hasn't managed yet to shed all his
lowdown, racer-boy ways (I can sympathize, tho' I never raced formally
-- slow motion attack!); second that he gives $300 - $400 as the
minimum for a usable utility bike (I'd guess that this is true if you
don't commute more than, say, 2-3 miles each way; new bikes only, used
is cheating); and riding in your work clothes: can't see that for
rides over 2-3 miles. Me, summer, street shorts but jerseys (pockets,
trim fit and long tails), SPDs and shoes and the most important piece
of cycling kit ever developed, the cycling cap (blocks sun, wind and
mops up sweat).

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Zack <zack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Link is up, listening now:
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/05/18/152945439/bike-to-work-day-your-photos-and-riding-advice-from-grant-petersen
>
> (i think it's funny they describe him as "long time bike shop owner" ahahah.
>  i think Grant is a bit more than that, just my .02)

Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Rainer Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory