Fantastic pics, Manny.  Thanks for posting.  And I know I don't have to say
"Enjoy the new wheels" because I KNOW you will.

________________________________
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Manuel Acosta
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:58 AM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Thank you

Nothing beats New Bike Day. Rode the new bike to work. It was funny because my
student's seem more excited about the bike then I am.  LIke any new shiny thing
with wheels, all the kids wanted to ride it. I'm not good at describing the
feel of a new steel bike so I'll quote some of the things the kids say. " So
smooth", " The pedals are smart", " This bike feels so right!"  was the general
conversation after students took turns riding it around the school. So since
school got out early I took the long way home. Decided to see if there was a
way to bike from Ed Levin to Mission Peak. There is but not an easy way. The
maiden bike voyage turned into a maiden hike the bike uphills.  But the new
bike got dirty so all was well.

It's kind of hard to describe how guilt ridden I felt having to receive such a
nice gift. Call it my stubbornness to accept help or my pride of having to try
and deal with my mistakes on my own. Having gotten to talk to a bunch of people
on the forum in person they really helped me understand that it's okay to
accept other people's help. Grant put in better words "Everybody who helps you
will be getting more out of it than they're giving, so you can legitimately
think of this as a gift the givers are giving to themselves." It's interesting
to note that despite how amazing this gesture is that the  lovely folks at
Rivendell HQ didn't make a huge deal about it. Which made me feel a lot more
comfortable about accepting the bike, since it was done a month ago. (alas I
don't check my voice messages) It was funny because of how awkward I felt
during the last few months about the bike I didn't really have the courage to
ask about the progress or if it was even done. I figured when the bike was
ready and the time was right it would be done.
This bike is more meaningful to me knowing that so many people were willing to
contribute in so many ways. It's hard to even express a really thank you over a
simple forum, so I'll just do it through pictures.

Because pictures proved how grateful I am.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzqBUdq

-Manny "Now to get it dirty" Acosta

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we advise you that,
unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this
message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the
purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code
or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently
delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their
professional qualifications will be provided upon request.