I can understand the allure of riding the coast to SF but really, if I were
you guys, I'd head to the Cascades from Seattle and ride down to Crater
Lake/Klammath Falls and then catch the train home. But you can always save
that for another trip.

I think if you're willing to put in long days you could do it in a week and
a half. Like Northern CA the coast can be damp, foggy and cold but it's
also amazingly beautiful. I've ridden the OR coast on multiple brevets and
there's a nice shoulder. My friends who have toured it always give the
thumbs up to the cheap hiker/biker sites.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it's gonna be a great time. Looking forward to
the pictures.

--mike