Well said Jim.

I think BQ is an excellent publication, particularly the accounts of
rides/events.

I enjoy the product reviews-sometimes.  But the rest?  Sometimes I don't know.

He seems to have gotten away from the "everything not made by the
classic French builders-which by the way you probably never get your
hands on-is somehow/way inferior" thing, but the various tests of tire
rolling resistance, etc., are akin to a high school science project
while others have the appearance of being self-serving whether they
are or not.

For example, there was a recent custom build for a 6'4" rider.  He was
put on a 59cm w/ 171mm cranks?  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Or the endless opinion that fatter tires are every bit as fast as
skinny tires.  No way.  More comfortable? Absolutely. Better on dirt?
For sure.  Not faster.  If that were the case, does anyone believe
that the entire bicycle, and tire industry would not jump at the task
to supply the entire racing/fast recreational community with new
frames and rubber?  Come on all you anti-corporate people out there,
of course they would!

Lastly, a bike with a big square box-shaped bag is more aero than a
non-bag equipped bike? Maybe if Cadel evans had installed one in the
Tour, he would've narrowed the gap in that crucial time trial.

Again, a great publication that I look fwd to each and every month.

RGZ