Just finishing our trip Tommy and I picked up another tourist coming down
the coast for fiddle camp( never knew there was such a thing) who goes by
the name Rachelle. Tommy and I met Rachelle and her buddy, Mandie, riding
up a hill on HW1 a during a lunch break. As they rode passed us we cheered
them on as they continued passed us. I offered my services to push them up
the hill and like tired, friendly tourist they said yes. Over the next
couple of days we kept meeting them at each of the campsites along the ride
down to SF. I offered if they ever made their way down to the East Bay I
would take them to a great and friendly bike shop called Rivendell.
Rachelle being a engineer wanted to go and talk to Grant making a Fiddle
bike. So she took me up on that offer. It gave me a secondary reason to go
because my dad needed new parts for his new bike.

Rivendell HQ is something of a magical place when it's your first time.
Rachelle took noticed just about everything. For me it was so typical
Rivendell. Friendly staff members riding bikes, tons of random and amazing
stuff everywhere. Exchanged stories and camera dueled with Harry. Got to
pick up some bosco bars for my dad's new bike and Sean
was incredible helpful when trying to figure out the correct stem length
for the bike frame without the bike actually being there. Rachelle got to
meet Grant and talked to him about her idea about a bike with removable
riddle compartment. Rachelle was being ambitious when she said she wanted
to climb Mt.Diablo that day. Little did she know that on that particular
day Walnut Creek was in the 90s. We opted to a nice scenic ride through
Walnut Creek led by Joe and Sean instead of being baked alive riding up
Diablo.

Back at home my little brother and my dad helped put his new bars on his
bike. Instantly he noticed the difference. The bosco bars are smart bars
that can make any forward. (I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere.) Good
smart bars just make sure you get a stem long enough or have a top tube
thats long enough so they don't poke you in the gut.

Pictures proved that high bars are good:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBvNnVW

Manny " Bosco Rosco Mosco Bars" Acosta