I've repaired a chain in the past with a replacement link and never
experienced any further problems with the chain.  This occurred, by
the way, at the relative beginning of a 50 mile ride and I had no
concerns continuing the ride.  As you might deduce, I do always carry
a compact chain breaker tool and some spare links.

You might wish to consider the age of your chain, and whether it has
stretched sufficiently to merit replacement.  I would not personally,
however, replace a chain simply because one link failed.

My two cents,
Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ