I showed the page to one of the staff members of the weekend Japanese
School that is housed at my daughter's school and her quick assessment was
similar to blakcloud's wife. She said the site read like a personal blog
illustrated with  seasonal images. There is a linked essay on the page but
I didn't want to presume and ask her to read enough to tell me what it was
about. I wonder if it the personal site of one of the many passionate
Japanese fans of the classic French randonneur tradition. Lovely images. Bob
* *