Beautiful bike and an Interesting thread. The drivetrain is interesting to
me. I have a new Hunqapillar in the garage that will soon be my daily
commuter. I spent a lot of time trying to think through the drivetrain and
ended up with wide and low 40/26 chain rings and a 12-36 cassette. After
much thinking (I enjoy that part...) I went without a front derailer.
Location is everything.  I live in Indianapolis and shift about once a
month when I run into a stiff wind. I haven't used my small chain ring in 2
years, so the thought of needing to reach down and move the chain doesn't
trouble me. The 40 on the front and the 9 speed cassette offer me all the
range I need. And the 26 will be there when/if I find time to ride the
Hilly Hundred, And I can almost always find a good stick.