I've been road testing a slightly different solution--the BikeCharge
combination dynamo/light/USB charger.  My initial results are online here:

http://campyonlyguy.blogspot.com/2012/08/quick-bikecharge-impressions.html

I originally bought the BikeCharge to get the USB charging option, but I've
been very pleased with the amount of light it throws.  It moves easily from
bike to bike (within limits), and has worked very well on my primary bike.  The
entire system is about $120 including shipping.

--Eric N
www.CampyOnly.com
CampyOnlyGuy.blogspot.com