On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery
<thill....@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are oodles of bmx style pedals now, which seem to have supplanted the
> bear trap style. The only bear traps I've seen lately have been cheapies.

I have an older mtb with the original Suntour beartraps. They are
certainly sturdy, but I don't think they are better in any way than an
inexpensive bmx pedal, which, as Jim said, are plentiful. I recently
bought on sale some magnesium bmx pedals that are relatively light and
provide an ample platform for my size 14's. Far more supportive than
the bear traps.

jim m
wc ca