Hi
Today I did my first mixed mode commute (bus in AM, bike in PM) and realized
how much I truly need dynohub lighting on any bike I plan to ride after dark or
at dusk here in Philly. I have a previous generation Shimano dynohub on my
Saluki and love it. Also the same on my Rich-built wheelset on the lady's
Univega commuter conversion. Today I rode my (new to me) SimpleOne home and
realized that with my job (2nd grade teacher) and the time of year I'm going to
be riding home in the dark quite a bit. I'd like to not have my riding choice
limited so I turn to you. Now there's Shimano, Sanyo, SON, Supernova, that
other one and who knows? I think that SON is probably out. Too expensive and I
think I'd like to have a Shimano-type connector. No need to power a tail light
but I'll probably use another CYO upfront and maybe a ToutTerrain USB charger.
What say you? Is Shimano's offering solid enough? What about Supernova and that
other new one?
Thanks in advance!

Justin "Dyno in the front, batteries in the rear" August