I recall reading the internals of the 70, 71, 72 and 80 are roughly the
same. And I believe the 72 and 80 are roughly identical, save for an Al
axle in the 80 (vs steel in the 72 and lower).

I never really bothered to sort out the specs on the Alfine.

Of course, Peter White has a good amount of information on the various hubs
on his site and Anthony at Long Leaf does as well. Anthony makes nice
wheels at prices just a hair more than the Handspun stuff. I had a set of
his wheels in the past and didn't have any issues with them. Plus I've
cooresponded with him on a few things and he's always been responsive,
detailed, and cordial.

Also, a lot of these dynamo hubs (and lights) can be had for a lot less if
you order from a European supplier.

Daniel