FWIW: I've fretted about brakes for over 40 years, and I've used just about
every kind there is, and my conclusion is that the best brakes bar none
that I ever used -- equal to Vs and mech disks in power, better than single
pivots in modulation -- were the Riv set up IRD wide profile cantils on the
floor Sam Hill I bought from Riv circa 2010. Salmon pads. Powerful but
absolutely non-grabby.

WORST brakes I ever used: Mafac cantis on the Herse, both with Mafac levers
and Tektros. Even the wider tandem model made absolutely no improvement.
POS.