I doubt that moustache bars will help your reach problem, as they are
fairly long reach bars themselves.  Most people (including grant?) say that
if you're comfy with a certain stem length on drops, you'll need a ~2cm
shorter stem to feel good on Moustaches.  Since you're already on a 7cm
stem with drops, that might be a problem--not sure how easy it is to find
50cm technomics (did they even make them?).

Part of the Rivendell Geometry is that their top tubes are on the long
side.  Grant's justification is that a higher overall bar position allows
you to reach further, and I think that works for some, but I've always
found I prefer shorter top tubes even though I'm a big guy.

My advice would be to try a short reach drop bar, something like the Soma
Hwy One, which you can get in silver and 26.0mm, so you could drop it right
into your existing technomic.  The Noodle, while having lots of real estate
to rest your hands on, has on the flipside a relatively long reach and drop.