On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Peter Morgano <uscpeter11...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A 55 in 650b would be a good road and trail option for Bombadil owners. They
> look good, well not pretty like cream hetres but a good beefier choice.

If you want a 650b equivalent, I highly recommend the Conti Tour Ride
650b-54 that Riv has at a good price:
http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/t54.htm

I have a set on my Bomba and I'm very pleased. They roll well, are
quiet, and very cushy, and they are plenty sturdy. Enough tread for
trail riding too. They don't accelerate very fast at 800g each, but
that isn't what I bought them for. I'd buy another pair but it will
take a long time to wear them out. They say 54 but they measure 50 on
my digital calipers at 45 psi. I'm happier with these than I was with
Big Apple 50's, which always seemed a bit sluggish to me.

jim m
wc ca