Mine got hit, but no damage to the frame or components other than just a
scratch on the shifter lever and a broken bottle cage. Bent rim, but spokes
and rim have been replaced now.

I think my right leg and the rear rack to the brunt of the blow. It was a
slow moving accident. Like a snow plow pushing snow out of the way. Except
it was a car pushing me.

It was checked very carefully by I think three mechanics who said
everything is A-ok and the frame is in alignment.

I would definitely let the potential buyer know all this if I ever sold,
because I think that is fair to inform them truthfully of the bike's
history.

*But does the fact that it got hit be a car diminish its value even though
no damage?*