My daughters are in bed after a long Christmas day. Now I can reply. I have
Riv cork on three bikes, a Hunqapillar, and two Bridgestone MB3s. The Hunqa
has standard cork as does my wife's MB3. My MB3 has BES, and twined notched
cork. Like you I shellac the cork, I have learned to not lightly disregard
Riv advice, it comes from experience and always saves me frustration. They
write to shellac the cork or it gets gray and dingy. It did - I washed it
up (as another poster wrote - it washes easily), put on shellac and have
had no more problems. The cork on my MB3 has been on the longest - over
four years. It has weathered to a dark golden brown that to my eye is
beautiful. I can't bring myself to tape the curves on the Alba bars.  How
about you - what are those Bosco's attached to? Bob (Indianapolis)