Hey All,
My first MTB was a mid 80s lugged stumpy (the orange one). I rode it for
over twenty years before a frame builder friend told me that the stress
waves in the top and down tube were serious enough that I should retire the
frame. So I did, and bought a Ritchey (which my wife uses as her uppity
townie - if there can be such a thing - more on that later). At any rate, I
have been looking for another ever since and finally grabbed one off of the
local CL. It's a lil rough, but serviceable, and will be my new workhorse
(shopper, pull a trailer) townie. It will replace a mid 90s steel
Rockhopper I bought years ago, also off the local CL.

And about the Ritchey. When my wife and I became engaged I offered her in
lieu of a ring any bike she wanted (we meet on a group ride). She
responded, 'I'll take the Ritchey, and a ring'. So it really is hers
because she did indeed marry me. She is a shrewd one that gal.

Smooth Tracks,
Chris
Redding, Ca.