I think that some of us are "princess and the pea" type riders and some of
us arent. I can also tell 2-3mm in seatpost difference, so much that I use
a nice permanent marker to mark out where i left it and what date so I can
that anal.  If you are one of those people go to the bike shop and have a
fitting done, only you have to also be one of those forceful people who
wont let them cram you into some uncomfortable position while telling you
how comfortable it will "get".  Remember you are paying for a service so
just keep tweaking it until you get it right. Winter is a good time for
this stuff since most shops are pretty slow and would welcome some side
business. I use my fluid trainer and block at home to do adjustments, while
my wife looks puzzlingly as I move the seat and stem around incrementally.