It should be pointed out in all of this that the angle of the back isn't
the only variable that will be affected by moving the seat forward.  Seat
position also determines how well your are balanced on the bicycle between
your butt and your hands, and the reason that GP suggests starting with the
saddle all the way back on the rails is because it gives you the greatest
chance of starting out in a position where your butt is taking most of the
weight and your hands/arms are largely unloaded.  Now, if that position is
well behind your balance point, i.e. the point at which you will start
tipping forward and needing your arms to support your torso, then you can
move the saddle forward slightly and not change overall balance.  But if
you are just at that balance point now, curing lower back pain through
moving the saddle forward is a bad idea IMHO since it means you will just
be shifting the stress to another part of your body--namely your hands and
arms.  Better to reduce back angle by reducing the reach.

I'd agree with Jim T's suggestions on this one.  Try lowering the bars
first since it's the cheapest and easiest change to make,  and sometimes
our body is asking for more reach, not less. .  Do it slowly and
incrementally, measuring your position before and after so you can revert
to the original if the new one doesn't work out.

But if lowering the bars makes it worse, I'd also agree that shorter reach
bars might be a good idea.  Noodles are great bars but they're big in terms
of reach and drop.  Try something more compact like the Soma Hwy One.