Rene I am 257 and have have wondered also about the charts but I've had
good success running 38mm Schwalbe Supreme tires at 65 psi on the road and
41mm Marathons at around 55 psi. Much less and they are sluggish on
pavement. I don't drop pressure for gravel or dirt but have probably ridden
with ten pounds less when I don't check my tires before riding and that is
when they feel sluggish. I usually look at the sidewall recommendation and
buy a tire that has enough width for my weight without exceeding 90 psi.
 So 32mm is about the narrowest I can go. I've seen and used the charts and
generally agree with them and I'll bet the flyweights among us can and do
run super low pressures. Back in my youth (165 lbs) I remember running 23mm
tires at 80 psi. I don't think I can put enough air in a 23mm tire now
without it feeling like a rock and risking a blow out.