*"[Bombadil] TT lengths seemed exceptionally long for the given sizes ..."*

The Hunqapillar actually has similar, or even longer TT lengths relative to
ST than the Bombadil does/did (or at least the older parallel TT Bombadils
like I have).     The Rivendell geometry chart shows the actual TT length
for the Hunq, not the theoretical (horizontal).     The numbers look like
this as far as I can tell:

Hunqapillar 58cm ST, 60.5cm TT actual (63cm horizontal)
Bombadil 56cm ST, 59cm TT actual (60.5cm horizontal)

Hunqapillar 62cm ST, 62.5cm TT actual (65cm horizontal)
Bombadil 60cm ST, 60cm TT actual (63cm horizontal)