Is this necessarily true? I didn't use the Woodchipper very long at all,
but they are wider than the Midge and seemed to have a steeper flare and
less comfortable hoods -- it was some time ago, so I may not remember
accurately.

But the Midges are definitely worth a look, if not a try -- somewhere on
the web there is a comparison but I've lost the link.