It may be okay to use something as practice, but as a professional, I'm not
sure it is okay to use names and representations if the project was killed
unless that fact is mentioned with the display. He definitely isn't
entitled to sell them unless that was part of the original agreement. May
not be worth the legal hassle, but it does seem to be inferring that
Rivendell actually okayed these and somehow used them. I probably didn't
like them for the same reason as Grant, they're okay looking, but that's a
moot point if they're not first representational of the company they're
meant to represent. Not sure there's anything about Riv that is that bold,
iconic and clean. I'm not a big fan of the obvious computer graphics meant
to represent handmade products made in such small quantities. It would make
much more sense on a base level to utilize hand rendering techniques and
showcase that the same way the bikes, although clean and beautiful still
show that someone somewhere made the thing.

Eric
(designer at heart with a degree laying around somewhere to prove it)
Indpls