First:
Last year's Midwest Rivendell Rally was a lot of fun, but fewer than half
of the dozen participants were actually riding Rivendell brand bicycles.
This year, I'm calling it a Midwest "Country Bike" Rally, and it will be
June 1-2 in Spring Valley, MN, which is home of the Almanzo 100 "gravel
grinder", and IMO in the vicinity of the best country bike riding in
Minnesota. All country bikes and their riders are welcome. I'll be doing
the commute to and from Spring Valley using Amtrak the day before and the
day after, for any Twin Cities folk who want to extend the weekend with me.

Second:
I'd like to do a reprise of this trip:
http://hiawathacyclery.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-northwoods-trip.html
Dates and other details are tentative, but I'm looking at Sept 22-28,
approximately. Most likely, we'll base the trip from a lakeside cabin in
Northern Wisconsin, a 4hr drive from the Twin Cities.