Gradual introduction of new things combined with rewards is best for high
strung pets. Leave the pack open and put something familiar to him in it --
towel, chew toy, etc. And then reward him with a treat when he approaches
the pack, gets in it, etc. Once he's comfortable getting in the pack on his
own, try picking him up in it and rewarding him for that.